- Region: New Zealand
- Price range: mid, mid-high, high, exclusive
- Colour: medium (deep amber)
- Crystallization: quick (into very fine crystals)
- Taste: creamy (caramel and malt flavour, similar to Manuka honey)
- Sweetness: light
- Most suitable for: Use it as general natural medicine similar to Manuka honey
The Rewarewa is the New Zealand Honeysuckle tree that grows to about 30 meters tall and tapered with very distinct red flowers that attract the bees. The unique cylinder shaped flowers only blossom for a short period of time making this honey truly unique and special.
Rewarewa honey is rich in hydrogen peroxide with enormous health benefits. Hydrogen peroxide helps your body to repair cells, while eliminating sick cells.
Rewarewa honey has being used for centuries in healing skin problems, killing bacteria and aiding in wound healing.
Its osmotic ability especially in the intestine has indicated that Rewarewa honey can heal intestinal and bowel disorders, i.e.
• swollen, painful belly