- Region: Bulgaria
- Price range: mid, mid-high, high, exclusive
- Colour: light (white to pale yellow or greenish)
- Crystallization: quick
- Taste: earthy (woody with a hint of mint, balsamic and camphor aroma)
- Sweetness: very sweet (sometimes with a touch of bitterness)
- Most suitable for: With lemon juice against acute respiratory diseases
In ancient time Linden tree was considered a mystical tree of life, tree of health, a symbol of fertility and an object of worship.
For thousands of years linden honey was the most appreciated honey. The scent of the tiny yellow-white flowers of those huge trees that blossom in late spring or early summer, have always attracted humans as well as bees. One linden tree of middle age, growing in favorable conditions, with optimal weather conditions can give 20 or more kilograms of high-grade honey.
The regular use of linden honey helps to maintain adequate osmotic pressure at the cellular level, normalizes metabolism, has beneficial effects on digestion and hormonal activity. Due to its anti-bacterial properties linden honey prevents tonsillitis and controls the inflammation of respiratory organs.